HOPE Dementia Support offers hope to care partners of those experiencing memory loss.
In 2021, HOPE became a program of CDM Caregiving Services, another local non-profit. This change enhances our opportunity to serve care partners and their loved ones.
HOPE has many opportunities to increase dementia support through community partnerships:
- Support groups meet weekly. We have numerous requests to start additional groups, which we will do when we train more facilitators.
- We continue our monthly Community Education events, open to anyone who wishes to attend.
- Current programs, such as Mary Ann’s Babies, Celebrating Dreams and Memory Activity Boxes are supported through targeted donations.
- We have exciting plans to use donated funds to bring Music and Memories to those with dementia.
- We have partnered with the Area Agency on Aging & Disabilities of Southwest Washington to offer Dementia Friends to our community. Dementia Friends USA is part of a global movement that is changing the way people think, act, and talk about dementia. Anyone can be a Dementia Friend – we all have a part to play in creating dementia friendly communities!
- Our Advisory Board consists of individuals with expertise for caring for the needs of senior/dementia populations to provide input on our current initiatives and growth strategies.